Home Owners/Mobile Home/Renters Get Your Refund Check

Are you 62 years of age or older? Is your yearly income $40,811 or less in 2005. Are you blind or disabled? If you answer yes to any of these questions you may be entitled to a government refund.

Every year starting on July 1 and ending on October 15th you are able to file for government assistance.

You can go to this website www.ftb.ca.gov [http://www.ftb.ca.gov] and download the form you must submit. Or call 800-868-4171.

If you were 62 years old on December 31, 2005 and receive supplemental security income, you do not need proof of age.

If you do not receive supplemental security income you may choose one of these to send in with your form.

Qualifications For Home Owners: Do Not Send Original Documentation:

Birth Certificate

California’s Drivers License

California Senior Citizens ID Card

Medi-Cal Card

Birth Certificate

Church Baptism Record

Social Security Card

Homeowner’s assistance is one time yearly payment from the State of California. It is calculated by your homeowner’s taxes you pay.

Documentation for Mobile Home Owners:

A copy of the registration cared or the registration billing notice issued by the Department of Housing and Community Development or your property tax bill.

Homeowner’s assistance is one time yearly payment from the State of California. It is calculated by your homeowner’s taxes you pay.

For a Mobile Home Owner you will need to fill out one of these forms. FTB 9000R or
FTB 9000H whichever is needed. If you pay property taxes use FTB 9000H.

How Much Money Will Be Refunded? – FOR RENTERS – From $15.00 – $ 347.50

How Much Money Will Be Refunded For Homeowners/Mobile Home Owners $19.72 – $472.60.

Qualifications for Renters for Refund:

62 years old or older



You lived in a qualified rented residence in California in 2005

You paid more than $50.00 a month rent.

Total yearly income $40,811 or less in 2005.

You can only file for either renters assistance or homeowners assistance – not both.

If you do not have access to a computer go to the library. They have several computers for your use and free of charge.

All the information and any questions you have are on the website [http://www.ftb.ca.gov]. This website has all the information and more you need to get started and getting your refund.

Thank you for reading my article. Please feel free to read my numerous articles.

Copyright 2006 Linda Meckler

Linda is the author of her first children’s book, “Ghost Kids Trilogy.” Christy, 12 and her Brother Brad, 16 moves into an old house on top of a mountain and meet two Ghost Kids. Become involved with all the characters and all the adventure and mystery.

Then we have a mysterious, magical Blue Vase with Uncle Charlie the villain is trapped. He wants out of the Blue Vase and exchange he will tell Christy and Brad where Pirates’ Treasure is Hidden.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.